2 Days Construction Skills Pipe Work & Brazing (Industrial) Course
Price: £395.00+ VAT @ 20%
This two day Pipe work & Brazing (Industrial) Assessment Course is suitable for persons who have a sound knowledge of refrigeration systems, recovery equipment, instruments, tools and components. The course is designed specifically to meet the training requirements of Construction Skills.
Prior to the two and five day Construction Skills 2079 Safe Handling of refrigerants Course candidates who have no experience in Brazing must have carried out the two day Pipe Work & Brazing (Industrial) Assessment Course.
- Introduction, issue course notes, course objectives and an explanation of the requirements of the E.P.A. (Environmental Protection Act).
- Test to establish retention and understanding.
- Safe lighting up and shutting down of a brazing torch. Setting up oxygen free nitrogen purging equipment (pressure and flow control).
- Use of swaging tools on various sizes of copper tubing up to 7/8″diameter (Industrial).
- Pressure/leak testing to British Standard (BS EN 378) using O.F.N. (Oxygen free nitrogen).
- Examine joints internally for cleanliness and penetration.
- To understand the requirements of the E.P.A. regarding the construction repair of refrigeration pipe work and the high pressure implications of new refrigerants.
- To demonstrate the ability to purge, swage and braze several joints in copper tube, up to 7/8″ diameter (Industrial).
- To examine each joint to ensure that cleanliness and penetration has been achieved.
- To ensure that Candidates are practised in the use of the special tools and equipment used to install or repair copper pipe work (in small industrial and split unit air-conditioning systems). The course also ensures that approved standards of workmanship are achieved and maintained.