5 Day City and Guilds 2079 or BESA Safe Handling of Refrigerants Training & Assessment
For Dates and Prices, please telephone us for details.
The 5 day course, is a very intensive course, giving basic understanding of the principles surrounding the FGAS certification relating to fundamentals of refrigeration. This is designed for operatives in a similar industry or a sound mechanical or electrical background. This course is very practically based.
City and Guilds 2079
City & Guilds Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
Candidates may also apply to ACRIB for a ‘Safe Handlers’ card on completion.
The City & Guilds 2079 Assessment is an on-line, multiple choice test of 40 questions and you have 1 hour 30 minutes to complete. The assessment is over 1 hour 30 minutes and consists of 45 multiple choice questions. Each candidate will also carry out a ‘hands on’ examination
BESA Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
The BESA assessment is a open book written exam of which you have 90 minutes to complete. Then you are required to pass a practical element, which is very similar to city and guilds practical assessment.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Basic thermodynamics & indirect leakage checking principles
- Environmental impact of refrigerants & corresponding environmental regulations
- Records & commissioning data requirements
- Checks for leakages
- Handling, Storage transportation & disposal
- Compressor function & leakage risks
- Condenser function & leakage risks
- Evaporator function & leakage risks
- Thermostatic expansion valve & capillary tube restrictor function & leakage risks
- HCFC refrigerants & Montreal Protocol