FGAS RENEWAL -1 Day City & Guilds 2079 or BESA Safe Handling of Refrigerants Training & Assessment
For Dates and Prices, Please telephone for details.
City and Guilds 2079
City & Guilds Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
Fgas renewal Candidates may also apply to ACRIB for a ‘Safe Handlers’ card on completion.
Please note this is suitable for candidates who wish to renew there FGAS certificate.
The City & Guilds Assessment is an on-line, multiple choice test of 40 questions and you have 1 hour 30 minutes to complete it. There is also a practical assessment you must pass.
BESA Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
The BESA assessment is a open book written exam of which you have 90 minutes to complete. Then you are required to pass a practical element, which is very similar to city and guilds practical assessment.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Basic thermodynamics & indirect leakage checking principles
- Environmental impact of refrigerants & corresponding environmental regulations
- Records & commissioning data requirements
- Checks for leakages
- Handling, Storage transportation & disposal
- Compressor function & leakage risks
- Condenser function & leakage risks
- Evaporator function & leakage risks
- Thermostatic expansion valve & capillary tube restrictor function & leakage risks
- HCFC refrigerants & Montreal Protocol
Once you have completed the course, your Fgas renewal certificates should be with you within 2 to 6 weeks. The day you complete is the day you are renewed from.