5 Days City & Guilds 2394 & 2395 (single or combination course)
Price: £495.00 + VAT @ 20%
City and Guilds 2394-01 Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations.
City and Guilds 2395-01 Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
These 2 Qualifications replace the City and Guilds 2391-10, Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
We are delivering the technical knowledge and practical training for both (2394) and (2395) as a combined course, over 4 days, which will include an on line multiple choice exam.
There are a further 2 components the candidate must pass to achieve either the (2394 Initial Verification) or (2395 Periodic Inspection).
At a mutually agreed date the candidate will return to DETA to undertake 1 practical assessment for either (2394) or (2395) they will also sit 1 written exam for either (2394) or (2395) on a date set by City and Guilds.
The cost for the 4 day course and the 3 tests for either the (2394) or (2395) is; £495 + VAT. If required for an additional fee of £295 + VAT the candidate can complete the practical assessment and written paper required to achieve both (2394) and (2395).
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:- Test, Inspect and Certify new electrical installations (2394) Or Carry out Periodic inspection, testing and recertification to existing electrical installations (2395). Or Carry out all of the above if they complete the practical and written test for both (2394) and (2395)
It is recommended that prior to the course candidates have studied the latest IET Guidance Note 3, Inspection and Testing. These can be purchased from DETA if required.
Please call 01302 343062 or e-mail Janet@deta2000.co.uk for available dates and to book a place on the course.
Course content includes:
- Understanding and use of BS7671 and the On Site Guide.
- Understanding and use of IET Guidance note 3 Inspection and Testing.
- Electricity at Work Regulations.
- General requirements for Inspection and Testing.
- Purpose of Initial Verification Inspection and Testing
- Requirements for Initial Inspection.
- Requirements for Initial Testing.
- Safe Isolation, lock off tag off.
- Testing sequence.
- Completion of Electrical Installation Certificates, Schedules of Inspections, and Schedules of Test results
- Completion of Minor Electrical Works Installation Certificates.
- Resistance of conductors
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Purpose of Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Necessity for Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Routine checks.
- Frequency of Inspection and Test
- Requirements for Periodic Inspection and Testing.
- Completion of Electrical Installation Condition Reports and Test Results
- Observation coding’s and recommendations to be taken.
- Thermographic surveying
Test Instrument standards and accuracy