2 Day City & Guilds 2079 or BESA Safe Handling of Refrigerants Training & Assessment
Price: £395.00+ VAT @ 20%
City and Guilds 2079
City & Guilds Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
Candidates may also apply to ACRIB for a ‘Safe Handlers’ card on completion.
This qualification is suitable for candidates who need to renew there FGAS certificate (FGAS renewal) or advanced engineers who have lots of experience within the refrigeration industry. If you are not sure if you require this. Please contact us.
The City & Guilds Assessment is an on-line, multiple choice test of 40 questions and you have 1 hour 30 minutes to complete it. This is a closed book exam. There is also a practical exam element that must be passed.
BESA Certification will be awarded to successful Candidates. Each Candidate’s assessment is carried out to standards accepted by the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board (ACRIB).
The BESA assessment is a open book written exam of which you have 90 minutes to complete. Then you are required to pass a practical element, which is very similar to city and guilds practical assessment.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Basic thermodynamics & indirect leakage checking principles
- Environmental impact of refrigerants & corresponding environmental regulations
- Records & commissioning data requirements
- Checks for leakages
- Handling, Storage transportation & disposal
- Compressor function & leakage risks
- Condenser function & leakage risks
- Evaporator function & leakage risks
- Thermostatic expansion valve & capillary tube restrictor function & leakage risks
- HCFC refrigerants & Montreal Protocol